Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Bad Rhino Games is seeking a talented Level Designer to join our team. As our Level Designer, you will work closely with Art Director, Artist and Programmers to create convincing, visually stunning, and rich game experiences through level design and layout. You should have a solid knowledge of optimizing game levels for use on nex-gen platforms as well as using performance analysis and optimization tools to ensure solid framerates during runtime.
- Work with the Art Director, artists, and programmers to create and deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Research and analyze information pertaining to the design, look, and engineering behind level locations and gameflow.
- Inform designers, artists, and engineers of performance degradation, potential optimizations, as well as in-depth analysis of assets and features within the game.
- Design and create rich layouts, landscapes, and shaders in Unreal Editor 4.
- Create scripted events in UE4
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals of game assets and environments.
- Minimum of two years of experience and/or one or more published titles having worked in a level design capacity.
- Must be able to customize and script events in UE4
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
- Experience in creating and modifying shading networks for landscapes in Unreal Editor 4
- Knowledge of biology and ecological systems
- Proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
- Familiarity with open-world games and the trends of the genre.
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including modular, organic and hard surface construction
- A passion for games
- Demonstrated experience working with realistic and hyper-realistic art styles
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person action titles a big plus