Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Bad Rhino Games is seeking a Sr. Programmer to join our team. As a Sr. Programmer, you will work directly with Jr. Programmers, Animators, Art and Design teams to create engaging and highly optimized game features and toolsets. You will also be responsible for additional core responsibilities including, but not limited to creating gameplay features, tools, engine technology, and build systems. As a Sr. Programmer, we expect that you not only design, implement, and troubleshoot engine/game features, but that you also actively impart knowledge and experience on the rest of the programming team.
- Design, schedule, document and develop core gameplay systems
- Coordinate with programmers, designer, and animators to ensure that the code being developed addresses their needs.
- Design and implement performance optimizations for existing and future frameworks, systems, and code for use in runtime
- Architect or significantly extended frameworks and features within Unreal Engine 4.
- Accurately schedule and track development efforts for assigned tasks.
- Review and critique code design and implementation from other programmers.
- Assist where necessary for gameplay testing/analysis, editor support, engine maintenance, or building system and tools.
- Supervise junior or mid-level programmers as required.
- 5+ years’ experience developing tools and features for game engines.
- Shipped at least two game titles.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience required
- Strong object-oriented design skills and proficiency in C++ programming and debugging.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong design sensibilities.
- Strong understanding of console design and optimization techniques.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and thorough testing procedures.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of deploying games for PC and Consoles.
- Experience interacting with external programming contractors.
- Multiplayer experience is a plus.