Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Bad Rhino Studios is looking for VFX Artists to join our team. You should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a real time particle editor. You should be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously. You should have a strong sense of weight, timing, motion, and demonstrate technical aptitude with Materials and Logic to execute outstanding VFX in games.
- Work with the Art Director, artists, and programmers to create and deliver VFXs that embody the creative vision of our games
- Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
- Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, include FX concept, proto and final FX.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals of game assets and VFXs.
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed realtime VFX work
- Ability to create highly performant and elegant looking VFXs for use in realtime.
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and VFXs with an ability to bring dramatic VFX to life
- Ability to create all art needed for the VFX
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
- Desire to work with a team. Share knowledge and grow together
- Strong willingness and desire to work collaboratively
- Shipped title within the game industry
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
- Scripting experience in Unreal Blueprints
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative.
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including realistic & stylized
- A passion for games
- Demonstrated experience working with realistic and hyper-realistic art styles
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person action titles a big plus
- Experience using Niagara
- Experience using Houdini