Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Bad Rhino is seeking a Art Director to join our growing team. As an Art Director, you will work closely with other disciplines build and reinforce art pipelines, collaborate with creative director, producers, and other key staff to review progress of projects and adjust the implementation of features to match the vision and scope as needed. As an Art Director, you must possess a keen understanding of technical constraints and ability to adhere to and achieve the artistic vision.
- High-level Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Be highly creative. Imagine and communicate your vision to the team to develop new content that players will love
- Direct and mentor artists
- Interpret the needs of all development disciplines such as design and engineering into amazing final artwork
- Deliver effective feedback across all art disciplines – modeling, animation, etc
- Collaborate with the team to identify great ideas and steer them through the pipeline
- Filter multiple sources of analysis and feedback into visual direction for creating new art
- Think strategically about art and how it informs the player experience
- Work within multiple art styles with an eye towards driving the studio & team forward
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals, multiple art styles, anatomy, appeal
- Experience as an art director or production designer in a game studio is a plus!
- Experience directing and supporting artists across multiple disciplines
- The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with senior artists and discipline leads.
- Deep understanding of art disciplines and their workflow.
- Strong leadership skills in order to lead a team towards a singular vision
- Must have a minimum of 5 years game development experience and an Art Director credit on a shipped title
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including modular, organic and hard surface construction
- A passion for games
- Demonstrated experience working with realistic and hyper-realistic art styles
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person titles
- Pipeline tools development (not required)
- Porting content to PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch