Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Sr. Level Designer
Bad Rhino Studios is seeking a talented Sr. Level Designer to join our team. As a Sr. Level Designer, you will work closely with Art Director, Jr. Designers, Artists and Programmers to create rich player experiences, create convincing, visually stunning, and fresh game experiences through level design and layout. You should have a solid knowledge of optimizing game levels for use on nex-gen platforms as well as using performance analysis and optimization tools to ensure solid framerates during runtime.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Artists, and Engineering teams to create and deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Take ownership of creating player experiences from start to finish. Blueprint Scripting, Replication, sequences, replays etc
- Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy artist/designer/engineer interaction
- A broad skill set is a strength! We are a small team, so cross discipline skills are highly valued.
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
- Research and analyze information pertaining to the design, look, and engineering behind level locations and gameflow.
- Inform designers, artists, and engineers of performance degradation, potential optimizations, as well as in-depth analysis of assets and features within the game.
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals of game assets and environments.
- Minimum of three years of experience and/or one or more published titles having worked in a level design capacity.
- Must be able to customize and script events in UE4
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Ability to create well structured and informative documentation and supportive materials for guiding our design team.
- A website/portfolio showcasing your design work and thought processes
- High-level knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, player-space engagement, level design, pacing, etc.
- Proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Experience working with a variety of Level Design pipelines
- A passion for games
- Ability to inform designers, artists, and engineers of performance degradation, potential optimizations, as well as in-depth analysis of assets and features within the game.
- Creating scripted events in UE4
- Demonstrated experience creating engaging and fresh experiences for players
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person action titles a big plus