Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our team. You must be skilled in using and/or creating tools that aid in developing and supporting art content pipelines. As a Technical Artist you will work closely with the Art Director, design, and art teams to create tools and content to work within Unreal Engine 4. Additionally, you will design and implement tools to assist in pipeline and asset optimizations and implementation. Ideally, you should be at your best in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
- Help artists with everyday blocking issues with content tools and workflow
- Set up and manage technical pipelines related to level production (i.e. source file management/streaming/visibility/collision/physics materials)
- Create technical level reports to team members/leads including: performance reports, statistics, budgets.
- Ensure levels and other content are meeting memory budgets and performance targets
- Coordinate with design team to eliminate any game blocking issues and establish ideal setups for gameplay scenarios
- Ensure all game assets meet production technical standards requirements
- Work with tools developers to augment and enhance content creation and level tools
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Designer required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of modern game environment development principles and techniques.
- 2 or more years professional development experience on pc and consoles preferred.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Rapidly grasp new technical concepts and quickly become proficient in new content tool chains.
- Programming and/or scripting experience is preferred in one or more of the following areas: HLSL, CGFX, Python, Mel.
- Modeling skills in Autodesk Maya and ZBrush
- Familiarity with Substance Designer & Substance Painter
- Experience authoring tools in SideFX Houdini
- Experience in creating complex shaders and shading networks in Substance Designer
- Experience in creating complex shaders and shading networks in Unreal Engine 4
- Shipped one or more major titles on multiple platforms is preferred
- Experience with Level management and optimization on a console project.