Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Bad Rhino Games is seeking a talented Texture/Shader Artist to join our team. As a Texture Artist, you will create convincing, visually stunning textures and shaders as well as work closely with the Art Director, Designers, Artists and Engineers to maintain visual consistency, production deadlines, and project goals. You will also design and implement optimized and versatile shaders directly within Unreal Engine 4.
- Create AAA quality textures and materials for environments and 3d assets
- Work with artists, designers, and engineers to create and improve next gen shaders
- Work with designers and engineers to make visually stunning game art while maintaining good performance on next-gen platforms
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals of game assets and environments
- Excellent texture creation skills
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment
- A strong portfolio showcasing material setups within nex-gen game engines (preferably Unreal Engine 4)
- Strong understanding of modern FPS engines (CryEngine, Unreal, etc.)
- Strong understanding of modern art pipelines
- Strong work ethic, and ability to maintain high quality and consistent progress without constant supervision
- 2-3 years of experience in game development
- Modeling skills in 3DS Max, Maya and ZBrush
- Familiarity with Substance Designer & Substance Painter
- Shipped one or more major titles on multiple platforms is preferred