Ready to join our crash, then click the link below.
Bad Rhino is seeking a UI/UX Artist to join our team. As a UI/UX Artist, you will work directly with Designers, Artists, and Engineers to produce key graphic designs and UI elements for use with Unreal Engine 4. In this position, you will have a role in designing features and UI screens by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. The ideal candidate would have expertise in player-centered design, an understanding of effective game systems, and experience in game UX/UI design.
- Work closely with producers, game designers, artists, and engineers to create wireframes user-flows and interfaces
- Evolve rough ideas into polished user flows and pixel-perfect interfaces
- Conceive transitions and animated effects to enhance gameplay and tutorials
- Discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what to build next
- Predict, identify, and resolve experience design issues that could impede player experience
- Conduct and interpret user tests and interviews to identify user behavior and areas to optimize user experience
- Translate goals and constraints into compelling player-facing features
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas
- Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features
- Create & Implement graphics and UI/UX characteristics directly in Unreal Engine 4
- Setup Editor Widgets, UI Widgets, and Blueprint logic directly in Unreal Engine 4
- Demonstrated ability to implement UI widgets and features in a game engine
- Skilled with Photoshop/Illustrator and/or similar art tools.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is required
- Expert ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Skilled in Adobe XD, Axure, Indigo Studio, InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping and mockup tools
- Familiar with Photoshop/Illustrator or other art tools
- Strong knowledge of UX design processes
- Understands the principles of game system design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes
- Passion for video games
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative.