Bad Rhino Studios is seeking a talented Jr. Level Designer to join our team. As a Jr. Level Designer, you will work closely with Designers, Art Director, Artists and Engineering to create convincing, visually stunning, and rich game experiences through level design and layout. You should have a solid knowledge of creating and building engaging and enjoyable level design.
- Work with Lead Designers, Art Director, Artists, and Engineers to create and deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Create blocking spaces in level to help guide Designers and Artist
- Design and create blocking level layouts, engaging designs, and BSP shapes in Unreal Editor 4.
- Research and analyze information pertaining to the design, look, and engineering behind level locations and gameflow.
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals of game assets and environments.
- Minimum of two years of experience and/or one or more published titles having worked in a level design capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
- Proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including modular, organic and hard surface construction
- A passion for games
- Demonstrated experience working with realistic and hyper-realistic art styles
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person action titles a big plus
- Ability to inform designers, artists, and engineers of performance degradation, potential optimizations, as well as in-depth analysis of assets and features within the game.
- Creating scripted events in UE4