Bad Rhino is seeking a Mid-Level.Artist to join our team. As a Mid-Level.Artist , you will work closely with Sr. & Lead Artist, Artist and Programmers to create convincing, visually stunning, and rich content. You should have a solid knowledge of creating visual assets for use on nex-gen platforms (including game consoles like the PS4/PS5, Xbox/XboxOne, and Nintendo Switch) as well as demonstrating abilities in asset optimizations, runtime performance, pipeline management, and the entire content creation process.
- Proficient abilities in creating content for Unreal Engine 4/5
- Proficient abilities in modeling and texture game-ready assets
- Proficient abilities in creating realistic and painterly style/materials & textures
- Proficient knowledge of Substance Painter
- High-res sculpting in ZBrush and decimation low poly process
- Flexibility with adoption of art styles and direction
- Work closely with other artists to maintain D.C.C. pipeline standards and procedures
- Proficient skills in maintaining consistent art style and direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Autodesk Maya (preferred) or 3DS Max
- 2+ years of experience and three or more published AAA titles in a 3D Artist capacity.
- Knowledge of digital content creation processes including, but not limited to, high-poly and low poly modeling, asset optimizations, Unreal Engine, entire D.C.C. pipeline
- Experience in creating and modifying shading networks for assets in Unreal Editor
- Proficient knowledge of shape and form
- Proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine D.C.C. pipeline
- Proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Maya (preferred) or 3DS Max
- Knowledge of content creation for video games and hardware such as VR or Consoles
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including modular, organic and hard surface construction
- A passion for games
- Demonstrated experience working with realistic and hyper-realistic art styles
- Experience with First or Third Person titles
- Pipeline tools development (not required)
- Porting content to PS4/PS5, Xbox/XboxOne, and Nintendo Switch