Bad Rhino is seeking a Sr. Artist to join our team. As a Sr. Artist, you will work closely with Art Director, Artist and Programmers to create convincing, visually stunning, and rich content. You should have a solid knowledge of creating visual assets for use on nex-gen platforms (including game consoles like the PS4, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch) as well as demonstrating strong abilities in asset optimizations, runtime performance, pipeline management, and the entire content creation process.
- Expert abilities in creating content for Unreal Engine 4
- Expert abilities in modeling and texture game-ready assets
- Expert abilities in creating realistic and painterly style/materials & textures
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter
- High-res sculpting in ZBrush and decimation low poly process
- Flexibility with adoption of art styles and direction
- Work closely with the Art Director to establish D.C.C. pipeline standards and procedures
- Excellent skills in maintaining consistent art style and direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Autodesk Maya (preferred) or 3DS Max
- Five years of experience and three or more published AAA titles in a 3D Artist capacity.
- Expert knowledge of digital content creation processes including, but not limited to, high-poly and low poly modeling, asset optimizations, Unreal Engine 4, entire D.C.C. pipeline
- Experience in creating and modifying shading networks for assets in Unreal Editor 4
- Expert knowledge in shape and form
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 D.C.C. pipeline
- Proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Expert proficiency with Autodesk Maya (preferred) or 3DS Max
- Expert knowledge of content creation for video games and hardware such as VR or Consoles
- Experience working with a variety of modern art pipelines including modular, organic and hard surface construction
- A passion for games
- Demonstrated experience working with realistic and hyper-realistic art styles
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person titles
- Pipeline tools development (not required)
- Porting content to PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch